Three book signings have be set for my latest book, Bobby Jindal: His Destiny and Obsession.
Our first book signing will be this Saturday at 2 p.m. at Cavalier House Books in Denham Springs’ Antique Village. It’s the same store where I held my first book signing for my first book, Louisiana Rocks: The True Genesis of Rock & Roll.
Also on hand for this Saturday’s signing will be Del Hahn, author of Smuggler’s End: The Life and Death of Barry Seal. Hahn is the retired FBI agent who successfully pursued Seal. I had a small hand in the book as editor.
Before we go any further, it might be worthwhile to point out that my book about Jindal is not a powderpuff book in the mold of the two books by Jindal which probably resulted in his dislocating his shoulder from repeatedly patting himself on the back.
Please know that this book was undertaken and written in its entirety with zero collaboration or cooperation from anyone in the Jindal camp.
It’s the kind of book that result in my being removed from Jindal’s Christmas card list—had we ever been on that list, which we certainly were not.
This 294-page book is an examination that addresses several issues:
- How did Jindal become a multi-millionaire after only three years in Congress?
- Jindal’s claims of a new high standard of ethics are debunked by his own actions as governor.
- Jindal’s claim of transparency is also belied by his penchant for secrecy.
- His vindictive nature in firing or demoting anyone and everyone who dared disagree with him.
- His awarding of prestigious board and commission memberships to big contributors.
- His sorry record in protecting the state’s environment and the state’s coastline.
- His mysterious deal to sell state hospitals via a contract containing 50 blank pages.
- His single-handed destruction of higher education and health care.
- His near-comical, yet pathetic candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination.
There is much, much more, of course, but you will have to get the book to read it.
Here is the current schedule for upcoming book signings:
- Cavalier House Books in Denham Springs: Saturday, May 14, at 2 p.m.
- The Winn Parish Library in Winnfield: Thursday, May 19, at 2 p.m.
- Barnes and Noble Bookstore in Mandeville, Saturday, June 18, from 2 to 4 p.m.
This schedule will be updated as additional signings are scheduled.